The River Nile Learning Centre invites enrolments from students are any point through the school year. In allocating student places, subject to availability, we give priority to young women of refugee or asylum seeker background, who:
· Are not eligible for enrolment in the school, due to age, Visa or personal circumstance restrictions
· Are young adults, typically aged mid-20’s to 30’s
· Need support to develop functional English
· Have pre-school aged children and therefore need childcare support to further their learning
· Are committed to learning (attending 3+ days per week)
· Have had little or no education in their first language
Most students come to us for a year or more, some for several years and others for shorter periods of time. Students are supported with individual learning plans to learn at their own level and pace, some with the scaffolding of prior education progress quickly, others need more time, all are supported to manage complex personal challenges and mental and physical health issues from the factors which led to them seeking refugee or asylum. This also influences learning progress.
How to enrol
Telephone or email the Learning Centre to make a time for an interview.
Telephone (03) 9329 8425
Please bring the following information to the interview:
· A passport or immicard, citizenship papers or travel documentation/visa which also shows your date of arrival in Australia
· Medicare card or international health card
Fees & charges
There are NO fees and charges, for students of the River Nile Learning Centre